Architecture Exchange East is the annual thought-leadership conference and expo curated by AIA Virginia. It will be held Nov. 6-8, 2024, in Richmond, Virginia! Our goal is to bring together the brightest minds and most engaging speakers to present talks that are future-focused on a wide range of subjects, to provoke important conversations among design professionals, and to promote networking, relationship building, and collaboration.
Celebrating its 37th year, ArchEx has always strived to help push the profession forward. We are looking for exciting and engaging topics and speakers to make this year unforgettable.
We value sessions that encourage conversation, connections, and collaborative learning. Think workshops, roundtables, tours, and interactive panels. Many of our session slots will be 60 minutes, but we’ll also reserve longer time slots for more in-depth explorations.
To propose an offering, complete and submit the Presentation Proposal Form by April 30, 2024. Your proposal will be reviewed, and you will be contacted no later than July 2024. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Submit a completed proposal form online
- Proposals must be received by the deadline date.
- Expert speakers with public speaking experience are preferred
- Presentation content must be sufficient for the proposed length of the session
Deadline is 5:00 p.m., April 30, 2024
All proposals are evaluated by AIA Virginia’s Education Advisory Council to ensure they address the educational needs of the audience and that the program is well-balanced. The submission review process will begin in June and will continue until the entire program is set.
If you would like to be a part of the Education Advisory Council and help shape the ArchEx program, please contact Delaney Ogden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggestions and Questions
Suggestions for potential speakers or questions about the conference can be directed to Delaney Ogden, Director of Education at email@example.com.
- Tours — Projects of interest, in progress or recently completed, restoration, redevelopment, urban planning, art installations, artist studios, creatives, historical architecture, etc.
- Tours/experiences of cultural, historical, and artistic interest
- Workshops/experiences that involve community design/engagement
- Business planning
- Excellence in Design
- New Uses of Technology
- Office management
- Residential design
- Healthcare and wellness
- Sustainable Design