From health care to small business taxes to ensuring design excellence in our nation’s embassies, the AIA is involved in the issues that are critical to architects, businesses and our communities.
- We fight for fair state laws and regulations regarding the built environment.
- We work to educate Virginia legislators about the complicated issues surrounding the practice of architecture: building codes, qualifications-based selection, statutes of repose, historic tax credits, growth management, historic preservation, and more.
- We propose state regulations that benefit the practice of architecture.
- We position architects as leaders in the community through recommendations for gubernatorial appointments.
- We provide comments and recommendations on statewide codes and regulations.
- We track and provide you with updates on legislation of interest to architects.
- We sponsor a Political Action Committee that supports legislators (on a non-partisan basis) who have been identified as friends of the profession.
- We encourage Citizen Architects by supporting volunteer, elected, and appointed leadership service within government, civic and charitable organizations.
Interested in finding out how to get involved in advocacy efforts? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.