Mentorship Interest 2021 StudentsAt AIA Virginia, we know that you are facing unprecedented challenges as you graduate and enter the architecture profession. If you would like a Virginia architect or associate to talk to about these challenges, please sign-up below.
During the development of the current strategic plan, there was an overwhelming agreement that there should be a concerted effort made to invest and develop future generations of leaders for service for the AIA and the community. As such, the plan sought to launch a Virginia event that provides advocacy training and connects members with state legislators. Advocacy means taking the steps to make a difference. Good advocates organize themselves to take steps to tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow. As architects, we engage in advocacy regularly during our practice, sometimes we do not even know when we are doing it.
Therefore, we want your participation in AIA Virginia’s first ever ARCHITECTS SPEAK UP! event. Sign up below the recorded training sessions.
Advocacy Training Sessions
Were you unable to join us for the training sessions? Check out the recordings below.
REGISTER WITH YOUR AVAILABILITY BY COMPLETING THE FORM BELOW
Sorry, this form is now closed. Contact Corey Clayborne, email@example.com.
Get to Know Your Legislator
Visit https://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/ to input your home or firm address to find and get to know your State Senator and State Delegate.
If you are not able to participate in ARCHITECTS SPEAK UP! that is OK. There are other ways you can support AIA Virginia’s legislative objectives. We are embarking on building up our PAC for 2021 and we really could use your help and financial support in closing our fundraising gap for Q1. Can you invest today? www.aiavapac.org
Congratulations in being a part of our First Class of 25 regarding achieving licensure through our Amber Book partnership. In light of COVID-19, we had temporarily suspended the program with Prometric centers being closed. Now, in light of recent information, we believe that the program can successfully continue and get you licensed expeditiously.
Please remember the original tenants of the program:
- The Amber Book will only be accessible for a two-month period. I will give you your personalized access code after you pay the commitment fee.
- Submit your payment of $50 online to AIA Virginia. This is the commitment fee. The regular cost for Amber Book as an individual is $390 per month which would total $780. One way to look at this is that this deal pays for two years of AIA Associate membership.
- You must commit to registering for all of your ARE exams within 30 days after the Amber Book enrollment ends.
- Send AIA Virginia firstname.lastname@example.org a screenshot proving you have registered for all of your exams.
- Let us know how many exams you pass on your first shot. You are our success story!
Please contact me, email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have.