AIA Richmond Enjoys a Slight Edge Over AIA Hampton Roads in the PAC Rumble in the Jungle.
The gloves are off! As you recall in the last newsletter, the PAC Rumble in the Jungle is underway. The AIA Virginia PAC Award looks to celebrate the engagement and commitment of a local AIA component who supports the advancement and mission of the PAC. The Award will be presented at Architecture Exchange East to the local component’s Board of Directors who will accept the award on behalf of its respective membership. Invest today in the PAC at http://www.aiavapac.orgwww.aiavapac.org.
Below outlines point allocations:
Local component Board participation
Did 100% of the Board of Directors invest into the AIA Virginia PAC?
- Yes = 20 points
- No = 0 points
Percentage of local component’s members who have invested in the AIA Virginia PAC
- Component with highest % = 40 points
- Component with second highest % = 20 points
- Component with third highest % = 10 points
Average investment per member from the total local component membership.
- Component with highest average investment/member = 40 points
- Component with second highest average investment/member = 30 points
- Component with third highest average investment/member = 20 points
- Component with fourth highest average investment/member = 10 points
- Component with fifth highest average investment/member = 0 points
The scoring will be closed on November 1, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Why Do This?
Like many professions, architects have interests that specifically impact our profession, practice, and our community. The legislative and regulatory environment is arguably the most important arena that impacts how we provide our professional services. We, as architects, want to have an influential voice in this arena which allows us to control our destiny. We can’t have an influential voice without having relationships. As such, the PAC allows us to build these necessary relationships.