Dalgliesh Gilpin Paxton Architects
For over eighty years, Dalgliesh Gilpin Paxton Architects has worked closely with clients to create timeless buildings inspired by regional and environmental contexts throughout the United States and abroad. We are looking for well-rounded individuals passionate about design and construction at all levels, with conceptual talent, technical ability, and strong communication skills.
We are seeking applicants for two positions in our Charlottesville studio:
1) Entry-level architectural designer
2) Architectural design professional with 3-5 years of experience
The ideal candidate has the following credentials:
• Professional architectural degree from an accredited school required.
• Strong organizational, written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
• Strong design, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• A passion for self-motivated learning, discovery, and improvement.
• Work/intern experience in architecture, construction, or adjacent fields.
• Experience and proficiency using CAD or BIM software, Adobe CS, and digital modeling platforms.
Additional credentials for candidates with 3-5 years of professional experience:
• Experience collaborating with and coordinating consultant teams and contractors; managing and producing architectural contract documents; and construction administration.
• Architectural license and/or LEED AP credentials preferred.
Benefits of working at DGP:
• Competitive salary for 40-hr work week with compensation for overtime.
• Vacation days, personal leave, family leave, IRA contribution, health insurance, parking, and AIA membership.
• Professional development support for AXP and licensure.
• Reimbursement for AREs.
• Studio location adjacent to Charlottesville Downtown Mall.
• Small office collegial environment.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and work sample, including hand sketches, digital graphics, and a writing sample, to Eric Amtmann at firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents should be in PDF format and less than 10MB.