It’s hard to believe that it has already been a year into my two-year term as your Young Architect Representative. I’ll start now with if you are interested in serving in this role, please reach out and let’s discuss. Calls for applications will go out later this year.
Future Forward Grant is open for applications
AIA National is offering a $10,000 grant opportunity! Applications are open now!
Access to funding activates innovation and makes significant research possible. That’s why the Young Architects Forum—in collaboration with the Large Firm Roundtable—funds the AIA Future Forward Grant. The $10,000 grant supports and enables early-career architects to explore ideas that redefine the practice of architecture and move our profession forward. All AIA Associate members, young architects and AIAS students are encouraged to apply. Applications are due April 2, 2023.
Grant proposals are encouraged to explore one more the following topics:
- Fostering leadership and organizational development,
- Redefining firm management strategies
- Innovating firm culture
- Streaming workflows and establishing new project delivery methods
- Developing new prototypes or technologies that advance the practice of architecture
View the sample application HERE.
As a member of the YAF’s Strategic Vision Focus Group I have been involved in the organization of this grant, but I will not be on the jury. We recently hosted a Q&A zoom session, but as of writing this, the notes are not yet posted online. If you have any questions about applying, please reach out.
NCARB has retired the 5-year rolling clock!
As part of NCARB’s drive to be more equitable and inclusive, they are retiring the 5-year rolling clock.
Have you taken a break from testing? Log in and reach out to NCARB to see how you were affected.
Read more on NCARB’s website.
Follow the YAF:
Stay up to date on the latest news:
- Now YA Know BiMonthly Newsletter (CATHY–PLEASE UPLOAD/LINK THE ATTACHED)
- Also, check out The AIA College of Fellows Quarterly Q1 2023
- Twitter: @YAF
- Facebook: @AIAYAFNational
- Instagram: aiayaf
- Linkedin: AIA YAF
- AIA Knowledge Net (most comprehensive)
- Quarterly YAF Publication “Connection”. Links from Knowledge Net, are also available HERE.
Feel free to connect with me, too. What are some ways your firm is working with emerging professionals and young architects? Send me an email or a message on LinkedIn!
As always, I’m here for you.
Carrie Parker, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Associate Vice President at CannonDesign
Young Architect Representative for Virginia to the Young Architect’s Forum, 2022-2024
AIA Virginia Young Architect Award, 2020