Register for Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) Seminar and SAP Training Being Hosted During Resiliency Week
During the 2019 General Assembly, AIA Virginia was proud to endorse Senate Joint Resolution 277 which designates the first week of September as Resiliency Week. For this inaugural occurrence, AIA Virginia will host two events: a Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) seminar in collaboration with the USGBC in Reston and a Safety Assessment Program Training in Richmond. Please consider joining us for one or both of these events.
Sustainable Building through Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) in Northern Virginia
Develop more efficient, more competitive, and more valuable buildings with C-PACE financing for Existing Building retrofits and New Construction projects! This Lunch & Learn will demonstrate the value proposition from C-PACE to commercial real estate owners, developers, and service providers. Plus, the event will summarize the addressable market for C-PACE across the NOVA Region and provide the latest on progress toward C-PACE in several jurisdictions. Interest in C-PACE across NOVA is growing; this is one event you won’t want to miss!
- List C-PACE (Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy) financing benefits to building owners, developers, and service providers, and general eligibility requirements for existing building and new construction projects.
- Describe how C-PACE financing impacts the economics and accessibility of energy efficiency, renewable energy, water conservation, stormwater management, and resiliency measures.
- Discuss how to integrate C-PACE into client discussions and project proposals to improve building performance, sustainability, and competitiveness.
- Describe the addressable market for C-PACE in existing buildings and new construction across NOVA today and one year out.
- 11:30 a.m.: Lunch & networking
- 12:00-12:20 p.m. Panel 1: C-PACE Financing Value Proposition for Owners, Developers, and Service Providers
- 12:20-12:40 p.m. Panel 2: C-PACE Addressable Market in NOVA
- 12:40-1:00 p.m. Q&A & networking
Panel 1: Scott Dicke, Sustainable Real Estate Solutions, Director of VA C-PACE Programs. Daron Coates, Thinkbox Group, Managing Director of Finding Opportunities
Panel 2: Rich Dooley, Arlington County, Arlington C-PACE Program Manager. Dennis Cumbie, Loudoun County, Loudoun C-PACE Program Manager. Bill Eger, City of Alexandria, Energy Manager
109 Sunset Hills Road
Reston, Virginia 20190
Date: Monday, August 26, 2019
Time: 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
- 1 GBCI CE Hours + 1 AIA LU
Registration link: https://cpacenova.eventbrite.com
SAP Training – Limited Seats Remaining
Registration is open for Safety Assessment Training on Sept. 6, 2019, in Richmond. Post-disaster Safety-Assessment Program (SAP) training provides architects, engineers, and building inspectors with the knowledge to provide evaluations of facilities and buildings in the aftermath of a disaster. Learn more.
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Recognize the important role architects and associated building professionals play in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Accurately conduct a post-disaster rapid building assessment and complete appropriate damage assessment forms.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Applied Technology Council’s ATC-20 Post-earthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings and ATC 45 Safety Evaluation of Buildings after Windstorms and Floods damage assessment procedures.
- Earn a Cal-OES registration ID card.
Date: Friday, Sept. 6, 2019
Time: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Location: Richmond, VA
Fee: $70 members; $175 non-members
Earn 6.5 learning units | HSW