Register for ARCHITECTS Speak Up!
Do you want to help make architects and architecture relevant in our communities?
Take part in a 1-hour virtual roundtable with a state elected official from your local AIA component to discuss any of the following topics:
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability: Design to Combat Climate Change
- Design of Healthy and Safe schools
- The Preservation of Historic Structures
- Design of Affordable Housing
- The Voice of Architects in Policy
Register at: https://www.aiava.org/architects-speak-up/
Registration will be open through Friday, April 30.
Note that all participants will be required to participate in two trainings prior to their legislative meeting. The trainings are offered twice with the hopes that one of the options works with your schedule.
Advocacy 101: Becoming an Advocate in Virginia (1 LU)
– April 19 from 12:00 – 1:00
– April 26 from 12:00 – 1:00
Message Book Training: Strategies for Communicating Effectively (1 LU)
– April 21 from 2:00 – 3:00
– April 28 from 12:00 – 1:00
Statewide Legislative Meeting Schedule at a Glance
– Del. Chris Hurst (AIA Blue Ridge): May 7 at 11:00
– Del. Sam Rasoul (AIA Blue Ridge): May 7 at 2:30
– Del. Sally Hudson (AIA Central Virginia): May 7 at 1:00
– Del. Jeff Bourne (AIA Richmond): May 12 at 11:00
– Del. Lamont Bagby (AIA Richmond): May 19 at 10:30
– Del. Glenn Davis (AIA Hampton Roads): May 20 at 11:00
– Sen. Mamie Locke (AIA Hampton Roads): scheduling in progress
– Sen. George Barker (AIA Northern Virginia): Mat 21 at 2:00
– Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn (AIA Northern Virginia): scheduling in progress
– Sen. Majority Leader Dick Saslaw (AIA Northern Virginia): May 11 at 2:30