Do you have a passion for one of these knowledge communities? AIA Virginia launched new knowledge community grants last year by awarding $1,000 to the Historic Resources Committee (HRC) and $1,000 to the Committee on the Environment (COTE).
Are you interested in re-invigorating an AIA knowledge community throughout Virginia? Do you need some seed money for a special speaker or an in-person statewide event? A new grant program is available to any statewide knowledge community (new or already up and running.) Your knowledge community could be awarded up to $1,000 to remove programmatic barriers and to enhance the quality of programming. $2,000 in total grants are available each year.
- Must be an AIA recognized KC either currently organized or newly formed. (Virginia Women in Design is also eligible.) Grant monies could be used to start a recognized KC.
- KC volunteer committee must have statewide representation.
- Program/initiative goal should be to reach members across the Commonwealth.
- Grant monies to be used for honoraria, materials, venue, technology, and/or something that advances the efforts of the KC.
- Any grant recipients agree to submit a follow-up article/pictures (30 days after event) to show how the grant helped advance the mission. This article will be shared with the AIA Virginia membership through email, social media, Inform Magazine, etc.
- Applications will be open now through April 28, 2023.
- Applications can can be submitted by the KC chair or committee members.
- Complete online application here>> https://www.aiava.org/knowledge-community-grant/
- Monies will be awarded and available starting July 1, 2023.