The Emerging Leaders in Architecture program now has 150+ alumni members! The first ten years of this program have shown that a majority of these alumni become more engaged AIA members, citizen architects, and leaders in their firms/industries.
Here’s how you can stay engaged with ELA:
- Sponsor class sessions/happy hour
- Follow/Like through Social Media Channels
- Attend the local event happy hours – when the class seminar day is in your area, plan to attend the happy hour afterward to connect with the current class and network with your alumni peers.
- Attend the annual networking dinner at Architecture Exchange East (November)
- Become part of the local steering or executive committees. View the Leadership structure.
- Work on planning sessions in your area
- Work on researching class project ideas. Be on a project advisory council for the class when it’s in your area.
- Nominate potential class members (August-October)
- Work with local AIA board or help with open applications
- Networking/Social events
- Help plan quarterly alumni socials around the state
- Help plan the annual summer reunion for all alumni and families
To get involved, or if you have any questions, email Cathy Guske, Member Services Director at AIA Virginia, firstname.lastname@example.org