On behalf of the AIA Virginia Board of Directors, we want to thank YOU for being a member of our organization. You, or a member of your firm, may have already received a personal phone call expressing this sentiment. Over the last three months, each of us in the profession has been navigating the unchartered waters of a global pandemic and its impacts on the economy. During these challenging times, being a part of our professional association can be most valuable.
Like many of your firms, AIA Virginia received federal funding made available via the CARES Act. This aid allows us to continue providing the service you expect and the resources you need despite the uncertain future we all face. Below is a list of AIA Virginia resources and programs we encourage you to explore:
- AIA Virginia COVID-19 Resource Webpage organized into categories to assist individuals, firms, and your clients. In addition, the webpage provides access to our recorded webinars as follows:
- PPP Funding Management + Getting Back to Work
- Concisely Navigating the CARES Act
- Uniting the AEC Industry: Construction Administration During a Global Pandemic
- Remote Work During COVID-19: Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Free legal consultation with O’Hagan Meyer Attorneys + Advisors on anything pandemic related (i.e. employment law, discrimination law, CARES Act, etc.)
- In partnership with AIAS National, connecting and engaging recent architecture school graduates in Virginia through a formalized mentoring program: Operation Reach, Retain, and Develop. Become a mentor today: https://www.aiava.org/student-mentorship-interest/
- Increased frequency of our virtual Small, Mid-Size, and Large Firm Roundtable sessions
- Increased frequency of our Emerging Professionals Roundtable sessions
- Enhanced opportunities to obtain virtual continuing education through a statewide education calendar on Inform-Magazine.com
AIA Virginia looks forward to helping you move through our current circumstances. Our hope is that you use the organization as a trusted resource. We are committed to being with you every step of the way. If you have any specific needs you would like to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.