The Virginia Emerging Professional Award was established in 2015 to recognize the accomplishments of an emerging leader in Virginia for their contributions to the profession in any of the following: design, research, education, service as a “citizen architect,” service to the profession, service to the community, or initiatives to advance social justice, equity, diversity, or inclusion.
Assigned Associate or Architect members of AIA Virginia who graduated from an accredited school of architecture no more than 15 years prior to the current year are eligible for the Virginia Emerging Professional Award.
Candidates will be evaluated on his or her contributions to the profession in one or more of the following categories:
- Advancement of design and/or design discourse
- Advancement of the profession, including service to the AIA through local, state, or national components
- Advancement of architectural education
- Service to community
- Service to the profession
- Advancement of social justice, equity, diversity, or inclusion
- Nomination form
- Nominator’s statement
The statement should be no more than a paragraph and should include a concise description of the applicant and summarize how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
- A brief biography and resume/curricula vitae of the candidate, not to exceed three pages
- Narrative information, not to exceed 10 pages
This information should detail nominee’s qualifications for award, citing specific examples and any images related to evaluative criteria.
- At least one letter of support from a Virginia member in good standing
Submissions should be no larger than 15MB and no more than 20 pages long (not including letters of support).
Christopher Charles, Assoc. AIA
Jeana Ripple, AIA
Rachel Shelton, AIA
Katherine Williams, AIA
Braden Field, AIA
Nathan Harper, Assoc. AIA
S. Maggie Schubert, AIA
Kevin Jones, AIA
Erin Webb, AIA
April Drake, AIA
Emily Hogan, AIA
Andrew McKinley, AIA
Whitney McDermott, AIA
Carrie Parker, AIA
Scott Campbell, AIA
Kelley Holmes, AIA
Jenine Kotob, AIA