The Virginia Emerging Professional Award was established in 2015 to recognize the accomplishments of emerging leaders for their contributions to the profession in one or more of the following categories: design, research, education, or discourse; service to the profession; mentorship; or service to the community.
Assigned Associate or Architect members of AIA Virginia who graduated from an accredited school of architecture no more than 15 years prior to the current year are eligible for the Virginia Emerging Professional Award.
Candidates will be evaluated on his or her contributions to the profession in one or more of the following categories:
- Advancement of design and/or design discourse
- Advancement of the profession, including service to the AIA through local, state, or national components.
- Advancement of architectural education.
- Service to community.
- Service and mentorship of next generation architects.
- Nomination form
- Nominator’s statement
The statement should be no more than a paragraph and should include a concise description of the applicant and summarize how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
- A brief biography and resume/curricula vitae of the candidate, not to exceed three pages
- Narrative information, not to exceed 10 pages
This information should detail nominee’s qualifications for award, citing specific examples and any images related to evaluative criteria.
- At least one letter of support from a Virginia member in good standing
Christopher Charles, Assoc. AIA
Jeana Ripple, AIA
Rachel Shelton, AIA
Katherine Williams, AIA
Braden Field, AIA
Nathan Harper, Assoc. AIA
S. Maggie Schubert, AIA
Kevin Jones, AIA
Erin Webb, AIA
April Drake, AIA
Emily Hogan, AIA
Andrew McKinley, AIA