- This event has passed.
Webinar: Concisely Navigating the CARES Act
April 7 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
On March 27, 2020, the president signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) into law providing approximately $2 trillion in assistance to individuals and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. The CARES Act includes a new loan program called the Paycheck Protection Program – administered through the Small Business Administration (“SBA”) – that provides up to $349 billion in 100% federally-backed loans to eligible employers. This program provides a concise overview of the CARES Act and highlights what firms need to know about funding resources that have been made available.
- Understand the purpose of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans created by the CARES Act.
- Analyze the eligibility, use, repayment, and debt forgiveness requirements of the Paycheck Protection Program Loans
- Recognize how the CARES Act adjusted previous requirements of the existing Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) program administered by the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Analyze the eligibility, use, and repayment requirements of the Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Compare and contrast PPP Loans and EIDL loans so participants can determine whether to apply to none, one, or both
Registration open to AIA Members only.