- This event has passed.
Procrastinator’s Series presented by AIA Virginia: Design Green & Healthy Built Environments with Natural Wood Flooring
November 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Join AIAVA for our Procrastinator series – a series of Lunch and Learn sessions for those of us who couldn’t get around to it before now. These sessions are for you if you happen to be running behind on your learning units for the year or waiting till the last minute, because we get it.
We hope you’ll join us below:
November 29: Design Green & Healthy Built Environments with Natural Wood Flooring with Walter Laurie from mafi (1 AIA LU | HSW credit)
1. Understand the role of wood in Biophilic design principles and its effect on the health and well being of those who occupy our built spaces
2. Understand the importance of material certifications using the highest standards for ecological biodiversity and regeneration
3. Discuss how natural wood surfaces can be maintained without the use of plastic finishes that can contain hazardous chemicals
4. Explain how wood surfaces can sequester carbon for generations to come
5. Explain the basics of wood movement and how appropriate installation and production practices can help bring nature indoors
December 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
December 5 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm