The Virginia Associates Award is given to individual Associate AIA members to recognize outstanding leaders and creative thinkers for significant contributions to their communities and the architecture profession.
Assigned Virginia Associate AIA members who are not licensed to practice architecture by the submission deadline are eligible. Up to three awards may be bestowed each year.
Candidates will be evaluated on their contributions to the profession in one or more of the following categories:
- Advancement of design and/or design discourse
- Advancement of the profession, including service to the AIA through local, state, or national components
- Advancement of architectural education
- Service to community
- Service to the profession
- Advancement of social justice, equity, diversity, or inclusion
- Nomination form
- Nominator’s statement
The statement should be no more than a paragraph and should include a concise description of the applicant and summarize how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
- A brief biography and resume/curricula vitae of the candidate, not to exceed three pages
- Narrative information, not to exceed 10 pages
This information should detail nominee’s qualifications for award, citing specific examples and any images related to evaluative criteria.
- At least one letter of support from a Virginia member in good standing
Submissions should be no larger than 15MB and no more than 20 pages long (not including letters of support).
new for 2023!