Become a supporter
Get the most out of your membership!
Take a look at these recommendations from the AIA Members Covenant.
- Take time to become informed about AIA services and programs. Informed members are most able to benefit from AIA membership and to acquaint others about opportunities for professional advancement and influence on the profession and society.
- Participate in decisions. Broad participation by a diverse membership assures that the AIA is relevant to its members and effective in its decisions.
- Participate in the planning and carrying out of AIA programs and initiatives. Collectively, AIA members can accomplish more when many professionals with their own ideas, experience, creativity, and energy work together.
- Contribute to a culture of inclusion, mentorship, and support for AIA members and pride in the organization. Together, architects can translate the passion they feel for design into a culture of pride and support for one another and the AIA as the voice of the profession.
- Contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the profession. With every project, architects create innovative solutions that can inspire others and advance the profession when shared through documentation and education.
- Respond as a citizen and architect to community needs. When members take part in civic dialogue as volunteers, communities become better places, architects gain perspective, and the profession is more highly valued.
- Shape the organization and the profession as a leader in the AIA. Members of the AIA rely on those who step forward as leaders to articulate the profession’s values and to advance a shared vision.
To find out how to volunteer for a Committee, join a Knowledge Community, participate in an event or share your ideas, contact your Member Services Coordinator, Shanelle Calvin, at (804) 237-1772.