Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the AIA Virginia. We do not currently have any staff openings.
Below are openings at firms within the region. To list a job opening at your firm, send job title, location, a brief description and how to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job listings will run for 30 days and are free to AIA Virginia members.
VMDO | Charlottesville, Va.
VMDO seeks to hire a talented Marketing Manager to lead our Marketing Team, within the broader framework of VMDO’s K-12, Higher Education, and Athletics + Community studios. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned, organized and collaborative marketing professional who will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. In light of COVID-19, we are amenable to remote work and will support training and development through online technology and collaborative tools.
Located in Charlottesville, VA and Washington, DC VMDO Architects is a lively, creative, and passionate firm committed to connecting people and place through design. VMDO enjoys success with a diverse team of architects, designers, and support staff of 75 providing architectural design for a variety of educational institutions, communities, and municipalities.
Sitting at the center of our marketing team, you will support emerging business development pursuits, marketing activity, brand strategy and social media. You’ll bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with an architectural design firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism or Marketing
- Excellent organizational skills to handle the marketing department’s multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills to craft premium content for marketing, social media, blogging & SEO, video
- Excellent knowledge of marketing fundamentals
- Good mentoring/teaching abilities and leadership/managerial skills
- A confident, collaborative spirit to engage with and receive constructive criticism from a design studio
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional relationship skills
- Proficiency Adobe’s Creative Suite, SharePoint, and Outlook are essential to support a collaborative work environment
- Understanding of the DC market a plus
WHAT WE’LL PROVIDE:
- Creative culture that values diversity
- Purposeful and workload
- Competitive salary, benefits and 401K
- 360-degree Annual reviews from colleagues at all levels for feedback and ongoing mentorship
- Strong growth trajectory
- Equitable design discourse
- Pro-bono opportunities to give back to our communities
WHAT YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Leadership of the marketing infrastructure and staff within to deliver marketing-related aspects of the firm’s mission
- Strategy and management of qualifications, proposals, interview activities
- Oversight and delivery of collateral materials, public relations, corporate identity, special events, direct-mail programs, social media and market research activities
- Work with technical staff to develop proposal sections and scopes of work
- Work with architectural staff to assist with writing proposal sections and scopes of work
- Support for business development efforts with senior leadership and Director of Client Development with research and marketing needs
- Visibility of our firm through all social media platforms with concise, consistent and compelling content / messaging
- Awareness via press releases, magazine articles, direct mail, etc.
- Copywriting for RFP responses, conference abstracts, project descriptions and other business development related pursuits
- Conference coordination for related speaking engagements and awards programs
- Representation at various marketing-related events, including SMPS
HOW WE’LL COLLABORATE:
- Reports to Studio Principals and a Management Committee
- Strategic interaction and collaboration with VMDO’s Director of Client Development
- Effectively oversees the marketing team, in collaboration with staff architects and various consultants
- Coordinates with various external collaborators and consultants
- Management of your own time and the marketing staff, with organization and focus on multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Uses software platforms including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat) and MS Office (Word, Excel & Powerpoint), Smartsheet or equivalent
If you would like to join our dynamic, innovative, and collaborative environment, email your cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and salary history as one file (no larger than 5 MB in PDF format) to email@example.com. Additionally, please reference Career Opportunities/Marketing Manager in the subject line.
Albemarle County is currently accepting applications for an Urban Designer (Principal Planner) position within the Planning Division of the Community Development Department.
- Oversight of comprehensive and neighborhood planning projects, with emphasis on urban design and community planning, and/or coordination of the Department’s functions in the site plan, architectural review, and subdivision review process;
- Preparation of design guidelines, concept plans, and analysis in support of long-range planning efforts; Exercises a high level of independence with minimal day-to-day oversight by their supervisor in the execution of their assignments;
- Charged with making management level decisions regarding assigned responsibilities as delegated by their supervisor as necessary or appropriate;
- May manage staff from time to time as necessary for assigned projects; Does related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of the philosophies, principles, practices, and techniques of urban design and planning as they pertain to the design and development of urban areas.; ability to coordinate and manage the review of complex projects by project teams and present the results effectively in oral, written and graphic form; proficiency with graphic software and the ability to clearly convey planning and urban design concepts; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, subordinates, County officials, representatives of other agencies and members of the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university, supplemented by a master’s degree in urban and/or regional planning, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, or other relevant fields, and a minimum of three years experience in professional planning work.
For additional information or to apply, please visit Albemarle County Public Schools and Government – TalentEd Hire (tedk12.com)
Architect I or Architect II
3 North |
3North is currently seeking a talented and highly motivated Architect or Architectural Intern with up to 5 years of high-caliber design experience. We offer a design-driven environment that gives staff the opportunity to be exposed to exciting and diverse project types, including hospitality, restaurants, retail, corporate, and residential. We are looking for candidates with creativity and strong design and problem-solving skills — from conceptual design through construction documentation — that will help to expand the abilities and breadth of our growing firm.
• Participate on collaborative project teams with a focus on co-creation
• Plan, organize, and be responsible for your own work within your project team
• Execute everything from small projects to large assignments
• Assist more experienced designers, as well as provide direction to interns, technical drafters, and administrative staff
• Tackle unusual design and technical challenges within large projects
• Work collaboratively across multiple design disciplines
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
• Up to 5 years of related experience in an architectural practice
• Proactively tracking toward licensure (preferred)
• Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite
(Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office
• Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
• Experience with Construction Administration a plus
• Demonstrates experience across a variety of project types & design approaches
• Excellent organization and time management skills
All cover letters/resumes/portfolios should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Vice President for Advocacy and External Engagement
NCARB | Washington, D.C.
TS3 Architects | Virginia Beach, Va.
About TS3 Architects: TS3 Architects PC is an award-winning Architecture, Interiors, & Planning firmed, based in Virginia Beach. We focus on a collaborative team approach to design integrated, innovative, and informed spaces. We are currently seeking an individual to join our team who will approach each project with creativity, detail focus, and enthusiasm. We offer an excellent opportunity for career growth in a friendly, family-oriented work environment.
Position Description: TS3 Architects is seeking a talented creative Project Manager with 1-5 years of architectural experience to join our team. Under the supervision of the Principal in Charge, the candidate will work to provide technical development, code analysis, and interactive design and production on a variety of projects in a team setting.
Responsibilities include working collaboratively with team members in all phases of project’s design including graphics presentations, schematic design, construction documents, and construction administration. Our project portfolio focuses on residential communities, corporate office interiors, retail centers, and medical facilities.
Skillset and Educational Requirements:
- Arch or M. Arch degree from an accredited architecture school
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture and Revit
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Software
- Working knowledge of building codes including ADA requirements
- Demonstration of licensure track
- Previous experience in an architectural firm is an advantage
- Architectural work experience
Resumes can be e-mailed to: email@example.com
TS3 Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer, maintains a Drug-Free Workplace, and does not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or low-income.