The Virginia Society of the American Institute of Architects is the voice of the architecture profession in the Commonwealth, dedicated to serving its members, advancing their value, and improving the quality of the built environment.
Through a culture of innovation, the Virginia Society of the American Institute of Architects empowers its members and inspires the creation of a better built environment.
What We Do
- While you focus on the business of architecture, the VSAIA supports and protects you by monitoring and influencing legislation and regulation at the state level.
- Staying current in your profession is critical to your success. We provide a wide range of professional development opportunities in locations throughout the state.
- Good architecture and design affects the quality of life for all the citizens of Virginia. We communicate the value of your work and the role you play in the community.
- Professional relationships enrich your career. We help connect you with colleagues who share common challenges, opportunities and interests.
The Society will SERVE members of the AIA in Virginia by:
- Acting as the VOICE of the profession in the Commonwealth
- Advancing the VALUE of architects in society
- Inspiring the creation of a QUALITY built environment
- Empowering CONNECTIONS and COLLABORATIONS with members, components, students, allied professionals and other organizations